Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nikon D300s 12MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)













Nikon D300s 12MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Looking for low price Nikon D300s (Body Only)? Find exactly low price today.

Why did I wait so long to buy this camera!?

I bought a Nikon D90 back in October of 2009 from Amazon. It was a step up from a Nikon D50. I thought the D90 would meet my needs but it fell short in focus speed and the ability to support my growing desire for HDR photography. I finally broke down and bought the D300s when I was able to get it from Amazon during a "short" window sale price of $1449. Boy, am I am happy I broke down and bought this camera! The D90 doesn't hold a candle to this camera even though it share a lot of the same components. One of my favorite features is using the programmable button to select bracketing, and this camera supports from 3 to 9 EV's as compared to only 3 with my D90! Wow!
If you are a serious amateur photographer trying to decide between the D90 or D300s, spend the extra dough and spring for the D300s. I promise you won't regret it. The 51 point focus system is sooooo much faster and accurate than the 11-point D90. Also, the camera controls are far superior to the D90 for making changes to the shooting/focusing settings during shooting. No more taking the camera down from your face to make changes, thus missing that perfect moment or composition. Finally, stepping up from 1/4000th to 1/8000th shutter speed is a huge difference! Assuming you have enough light and a fast enough lens, the extra shutter speed allows you to stop motion and see things you've never seen before. I'm a true convert on the D300s and feel confident that I won't miss another photo moment due to focus or exposure limitations. BTW ... I am a Sigma lens convert and all of the Sigma lens work flawlessly with the D300s. After having owned and used Nikon, Tamron, and Sigma lens, I've found that Sigma is by far the best lens for the money. I hope Sigma maintains a lower market share so that I can continue to own great lens for half the costs of those overpriced competitors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment